Asesoramiento y Transacciones
Miércoles 29 de febrero de 2012
ESTUDIO GARRIDO ABOGADOS LEADS ACQUISITION OF 51% OF ZIGMA PETROLEUM SERVICES BY ESTRELLA OVERSEAS LIMITED
Estudio Garrido Abogados, through its partner Lucas Granillo Ocampo, has acted as counsel to Estrella Overseas Limited, a subsidiary of Estrella International Energy Services Ltd., in the acquisition of the 51% interest in Colombian based Zigma Colombia Petroleum Services. Zigma is a leading Colombian oilfield service company providing rigs and related services; and is the owner and operator of 5 workover rigs in Colombia. Estrella is an oilfield services company with operations in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Bolivia which is publicly traded in the TSX Venture Exchange in Toronto, Canada (TSX Venture Exchange: EEN). Estrella initially acquired 49% of the issued and outstanding shares of Zigma on March 14, 2011. Concurrently with that acquisition, Estrella also acquired an option to purchase the remaining 51% of the shares of Zigma which took place on February 23, 2012. Estrella now holds 100% of the issued and outstanding shares of Zigma. The purchase price for the 51% equity interest was satisfied by Estrella as follows: • payment of US$500,000 in cash; • the assignment of US$2,450,000 in net receivables of Zigma to the sellers; and • the assumption of approximately US$4 million in debt. COUNSEL TO ESTRELLA • Estudio Garrido Abogados through partner Lucas Granillo Ocampo. • Cardenas & Cardenas advised Estrella in all Colombia law related aspects of the transaction through partner Eduardo Cardenas Caballero and associate Mauricio Borrero. COUNSEL TO SELLERS • BB HH Estructuración y Administración de Negocios SAS through partner Alex Belacazar Guerrero.